Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hspice file of a 6T SRAM in standby mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfreng2

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sram standby mode

Hi to all! I'm new in HSPICE. Can anyone help me make an hspice file of a 6T SRAM in standby mode?.. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Here are important questions that would be needed in making the hspice file:
1. What will I use to set the wordline WL to logic '0'? Can I use a volltage source set to zero? or I'll just use the .IC command for an initial value.
2. how will I set the bitlines to logic '1'?Can I use a volltage source set to 1? or I'll just use the .IC command for an initial value.

Re: SRAM in standby mode

1. Yes you can use the voltage source to make it zero.
like, Vwl0 wl_0 0 0
2. to make it 1 :

Vwl1 wl 0 Vdd!

but this will make your wl 1 or 0 for whole simulation, if you want to have dynamic change then u need to use either pulse generator or .vec table.

Re: sram standby mode

Hi to all! I'm new in HSPICE. Can anyone help me make an hspice file of a 6T SRAM in standby mode?.. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Here are important questions that would be needed in making the hspice file:
1. What will I use to set the wordline WL to logic '0'? Can I use a volltage source set to zero? or I'll just use the .IC command for an initial value.
2. how will I set the bitlines to logic '1'?Can I use a volltage source set to 1? or I'll just use the .IC command for an initial value.

hii friend try this
Vwl wl 0 BIT({00000000000000000000000000000000111111} PW=.5n ON=.8 OFF=0 RT=.01p FT=.01p )
this tells that the voltage across wordline and gnd can be varied by using the bit pattern in this bit pattern '1' indicates on voltage similarly '0' indicates off voltage thereby u can generate pulse needed
(PW=pulse width)
(RT =risetime)
(FT=falltime)

hello...i want to store 1 bit in 6t sram...can i use IC comment or capictor at Q node...

yes use a capacitor at Q node I actually did the same design in 32nm cmos and in finfet in tspice

.IC command is used to set inital voltage value.
However voltage source can be used to set a variable value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back