Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HP printer Deskjet 1510 printing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satyajit Dhar

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi experts,

I had received a faulty printer from a customer (HP Deskjet 1510). The printer is not printing. The attention light and both Cartridge lights is blinking. The scanner is alright.

The message in my computer shows that the carriage, which holds the cartridges, stalls in the printer. This might have caused due to paper jam or some other obstrucles is in the way of carraige unit.

I had opened the printer but there is no paper jam nor any obstrucles and the carraige is also moving smoothly.

Can somebody help me what can be wrong with the printer and how to repair it.....?

I'm convinced manufacturers deliberately make it difficult for us to repair printers. Also to diagnose problems. Also to use refilled ink cartridges.

Things to try:

* Do lights blink on the printer? It might be a diagnostic code. An interpretive table will tell you more.

* Remove all power for 30 seconds. Then power up again.

* Operate the printer from different computers.

* Uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers.

* Install a new ink cartridge.

* Open Properties to see if there are conflicts.

* Look in the Device Manager, to see if there are problems with the printer ports.

Thank you for your valuable tips. But i dont think any of these can be the source of the problem. I think maybe the encoder strip has gone bad. I am seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back