Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hp 1741A and 1744A Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVM_NOIDA

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hp 1741a

Hi

I am really surprised at the lack of Information or forum postings on HP 174X scopes.

I was looking for HP 1741A Service Manual for my scope. Finally found that agilent is still offering free download at their site (good resolution scanned copy, 7MB, 137 pages). Please let me know if you have problem.

h**p://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/facet.jspx?cc=US&lc=eng&k=1744a&more=true&from=techsupport&sbmt=Find&pSearch=true&to=80045.k.1

However for 1744A no download is available. I have compared physically 1744A and 1741A and found that at least the Input board (connected to channel A and B) is identical. I am still exploring but basically 1741A manual can also be used for 1744A unless you are willing to pay and buy one from E-bay etc.

So if you find this information useful and have succesfully rectified any fault in your scope, then please post the fault and its solution. Let us use this topic to bring together the users of these beautiful (operationally) and rugged scopes and welcome new users with valuable information. This is also ECO friendly as we will prevent scopes ending up in scraps.

For my 1741A the channel B is totally missing (no trace), which can only be seen when I press Beam Find. But again no waveform. The other channel looks ok. I will post after I have rectified this fault ( In any case I have another functional 1744A hence should be slightly easier for me only if I have enough
time).

Also both my scopes have rear foot broken off (due to rubber ageing). I am planning to engage a machinist to make a few aluminium with rubber ends. I will make a few extra and post their availability here.

Thanks

Could you email me a copy or Post a copy here or send to my email or just email so I can give you another way to upload to me through my FTP Server. Would really like a copy as the link is dead to HP site. Thanks Brad

Added after 1 minutes:

Just the 1744A Service Manual is all I need and I do have a copy of the 44A Service Manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.