Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How will the microwave technology look like in 2050 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vco96

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Microwaves in 50 years.

Hello,

Say in 2050, how do you think the microwave technology will change. I think we might have cordless phones at 150 GHz, Spectrum analyzers covering DC- ultraviolet in microhertz resolution in a picosecond sweep that show both time and frequency domain in a 3D holographic display. In addition we will have signal generators covering DC- Gamma all in one portable unit.

Re: Microwaves in 50 years.

this is a pretty good article i feel from ericsson

**broken link removed**

This is hard to predict. Cost and user needs will always affect what products are marketed. I do not think that present products like cordless telephones will go higher in frequency because the higher frequency parts will cost more than thee lower frequency ones. Also the attenuation through building walls will be greater at the higher frequencies.

The other problem with higher frequencies is the antenna beamwidth for a given received signal power becomes narrower as frequency is increased. This puts a limit on systems that are not point to point. It also puts a small limit on point to point systems in the area of mechanical tolerances on antenna pointing with the wind twisting the tower by more than the antenna beamwidth.

Interesting article, I'm sure the technology in the terahertz frequencies will be perfected and used everyday.

Microwaves in 50 years.

I think terahertz would be used for other application like satellite communication, etc. As for wireless communication, lower frequency will be remained but with lower cost and power consumption, robust, better efficieny and performance (data rate of Gbits/s)......

Microwaves in 50 years.

i think when you want to predict you should look for many point of view !!!!!!!!
like chemistry's periodic table ..........
you should consider many element to ...

very high and low freqency would be used ,and the electronics are unitied by EM:),It is very interesting !

Maybe new technologies will arise. What about that australian experiment of teleportation (not in the Star Trek sense of the word)? They teleported the characteristics of a photone if I remember correctly. It's a promissing beginning for a new wave in data communication.

/pisoiu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back