Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how we connect this program to a simple robo

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveengarg34

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sapose
i write a program on "c" language to "if we press 1 then turn left" and "if we press 2 turn rite" then how we connect this program to a simple robo??
:?:

Command signals are sent from the output terminals.

Generally the simple way is to send/alter a command signal going to a servo. The servo obeys by moving a steering wheel to the proper position.

Or you might make turns by changing speed of a drive motor(s). This can be done via switching, or pulse width modulation, etc. If the command signal is weak (low current), then it is amplified through a relay or mosfet.

There is also the method of activating a solenoid to shift a wheel direction left or right. Again a weak command signal must go through a relay or mosfet.

you can use virtual usb for interfacing your robo with pc. check out www.obdev.at Interfacing external hardware using virtual usb is really easy.

I think you can write a program in basic (and C too I guess) which makes the data pins on your pc printer port go high and low which could be fed into a buffer (so you don't overload the parallel port) which can be connected to your robot servos.

If your robot had tank tracks with seperate motors, you could have one data pin connected to each. Then when one pin goes high, the corresponding motor . track will pull the robot that way and if both pins go high then the robot would go straight.

USB ports can also be programmed to do this but it is way more complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back