Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to write BindKey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tprasad

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai

I want to create a bind key,such that it automatically create a via with 1 row and 2 columns...

Help me to create that bindkey

Regards
T.Prasad

Vias are define id technology file. That said you can create your own via variant and save it in there. If you use Cadence version 6.1.xx you can save via variant in the create via menu ( leHiCreateVia() )
The best way to start also to set log filter to show all and use what is in there.
Another way would be to create your own skill routine which would draw rectangles to make required via. You would not have connectivity though.
Also I think there is possibility to set how many cut via has in VXL. I would recommend to create new via variant if you are using it all the time.

Seems like overkill to me. Why not just do the layout once and then place N?

If you -must- make a bindkey, take the output from CDS.log from doing what
you want and edit it into the bindkeys file following the syntax you see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back