Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to view a html document saved in the 8051 memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edma

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Webpage from 8051

~howdy..

my project is still running and i have many problem. i want to view the html document that saved in the 8051 memory with normal internet browser. i have 8051 microcontroller connected to my pc using serial communication and i write the program using keil c compiler. (1) how can i save the html file? (2) how to read the html file as 8051 just can read ASCII code? (3) can i use PPP(point to point protocol) to encapsulate the html code and transfer to the pc and view it from the browser? (4) any idea or additional suggestion?

tq very much..

Webpage from 8051

As I know, 8051 serial port can transfer any 8-bit binary data, not only ASCII code. So, you can transfer html file into 8051 memory without any problems.

Webpage from 8051

can u explain more about how serial port can transfer html file?

Re: Webpage from 8051

Hi edma,

A lot of peoples from this forum, involved in such communication will tell you that you can't avoid using a what it's called TCP/IP stack if you want to use a web browser for viewing a html file delivered by an embedded system 8051 based.

In the page forum:

you'll find http_tcpip_ppp_isx.zip file.
It's exactly what you want to do, but with Ubicom SX controller.
The source file it's wrote in SX assembler, but you can translate easily to 8051.
Just try parsing the source file and you'll figure out why I said it's easy.

Regards,
silvio

edma

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.