Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to verify the start-up circuit in a bandgap??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam81

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
start up circuit

Hi,

I'm designing a bandgap and use a classic start-up circuit, but I have problem of how to make sure if it works. Without the start-up circuit, the bandgap still start to work after the supply voltage ramps up. So how to simulate the practical situation? Thank you so much.

bandgap startup

Transient simulation + Monte Carlo + Process Corners

Oh, its very simple, charge the nodes to zero, the nodes the start-up circuit has to charge. PMOS gates will get a VDD level and NMOS gates will get a VSS level. The problem with the normal sim is that it estimates the iniital conditions and arrive at the final value because there is a positive feedback inherently in the bandgap cirucit.

You can do the above test with and without a start-up circuit and I am sure that you will see the difference

hi,
use .ic statement to initialize the node and no need for startup circuit ....
you can simulate start-up circuit separately too.... advantage of using .ic is that it will allow you to do estimation of total noise in the Bandgap ref ckt. else with start-up it may pop error as start-up will have to have pulse source...

regards
nandish

Try to ramp your supply fast and slow ramp for your bandgap without startup and do the same thing on bangap with start-up. You will find that with start-up circuit, the bandagap will work in two conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back