Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to vectorize/group together many signals generated from Qsys

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannaknow

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

In the Altera Qsys, I am using ten input parallel ports (lets name them pio1 to pio10), each port is 12 bits. These parallel ports obtain values from the vhdl block in Quartus schematic. In the schematic bdf, I can see pio1 to pio10 from the nios ii system symbol so I can connect these pios to other blocks in my bdf.

My question is, how to vectorize these pio1 to pio10? Instead of seeing all ten pios one line by one line coming out from the Nios system symbol, what should I do in order to group all these ten pios so that I only see one instead of ten? From the one pio that I see, I can name it pio[1..10][1..12], the first bracket means pio1 to pio10, the second bracket means bit1 to bit 12 because each parallel port has 12 bits.

Could you please let me know how could I do that?

Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back