Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use TRs connector to turn and off device

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishu489

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends,

I want to turn on and off device only when TRS connector is inserted in device and vice versa. I'm using 5pin contacts TRS female switch with detect at tip. My power supply is based on TPS61200 and wants to turn it on by pulling tps enable pin high only when 2.5mm TRS connector is inserted.

attaching the datasheet of TRS female switch PJ280A PJ-2508A (2).jpgPJ-2508A (2).jpg

If Pin 5 does not switch from low to V+, you may have to invert ground contact to create this signal. Cant tell from your description what conditions exist before after power is applied when inserted.

Thanks for your reply

actually TIP and Ring signals are software UART TX & RX line of controller atmega8l respectively which will be connected to VNC2-32L UART input whenever TRS connector is inserted. So my TIP terminal i.e pin contact 4 is connected to VNC2L RX terminal(which will be floating during shut down mode) and because of that i can not pull up or pull down this terminal since it will affect my uart signals.

So how do i achieve switching action?

can you give me any circuit example for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back