Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to use piezo buzzer 12v dc used for over flow alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyamaledp

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have a piezo buzzer 12v dc. I want to used the same as an alarm purpose. It should start buzzing when my over head water tank start overflowing with the help of a float switch.

How to wire this system?

Last edited:

i have a piezo buzzer 12v dc. I want to used the same as an alarm purpose. It should start buzzing when my over head water tank start overflowing with the help of a float switch.

How to wire this system?

this is the problem dude

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

How to wire this system?

There are piezo beepers that have their own oscillator built in, and there are piezo beepers that need an external pulse generator to drive them.

If it's rated for 12V, and you hook it up to DC 12V, and you get buzzing, then the system should work if you simply hook up the float switch inline.

What if you don't get buzzing by hooking up DC 12V directly? In that case your piezo unit needs an external driver circuit. A common way to make this is with a 555 timer IC. Typically you use a frequency between 1 kHz and 3 kHz.

If your buzzer has built in oscillator then here is the wiring diagram:
Buzzer.jpg
And if it hasn't the built in oscillator then you have to assemble this circuit and put you battery connected through the Switch.
Buzzer1.jpg

If your buzzer has built in oscillator then here is the wiring diagram:
View attachment 64696
And if it hasn't the built in oscillator then you have to assemble this circuit and put you battery connected through the Switch.
View attachment 64697

Status
Not open for further replies.