Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to use moset to control on/off high voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikebbs

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
the processor is power by 3.3v.
LCd is powed by 15V.

How to use mosfet to control the on/off of 15v?
Thanks

Mosfet gate voltage gradually open with the increase of gate voltage. You can check it proactically when Mosfet start conducting while increasing gate voltage.
For low voltage scenario, you can use npn transistor. Please search yourself to get approperiate npn transistor for your application

there is no need for an mosfet unless you are driving high current (say more in amps).

Just a common transistor is enough for the job i think

Regards
Nandhu

Could you give the reference schematic??

Google for level converters

You can find a lot

Nandhu

If your LED power requirement is very low, then you can use a transistor itself directly. Thing to remember is : transistor is a current driven device. Larger the output current (here LED current) larger the input driving current, which the processor may not be able to deliver.

Generally MOSFETs have a threshold voltage around 4V. Since your processor is working at 3.3V, you have to use a low power transistor in between the processor and mosfet.

Optocoupler is another option which will give you perfect isolation.

A few driver examples:
**broken link removed**
<als>

I use theese circuits to switch on/off power supply, and control signal is 3,3V from a processor.

Q6 controls a power supply lower than 3,3V.

Q5 and Q7 can control a power supply from 3,3V to the maximum Vds of Q7. Use the Q5 that meets your specifications.

I current is high, check Q6 and Q5 Rds(on).

I find less difficult and more power efficient to use mosfet better that BJT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back