Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use microcontroller to control Nokia to send SMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
interface nokia microcontroller

thnx for the help man.......

but i hav never handled a pic before..........i was hoping u could give an idea with 89c51....if u could.........

i didnt understant the code
what does the program do......send/recieve

what is pic avr???

it would be gr8 if u reply.......

interfacing nokia phone with microcontroller

foxabilo said:
Does this help?

**broken link removed**

Hi

Thank yuo .

but where are this example progrom ??
& where are program for PIC12f675???

please help me!

& Thank yuo For All helps .

8051 uses

hi... u can try this at...

www.worldscibooks.com

Added after 1 minutes:

only have experience of fbus with the 6210 but I believe any model made around that time uses the same setup, you need to create a "Pinger" as I call it with a small PIC as 12f range will do nicely, program the chip from the following code, its sloppy code but it works and shows whats going off quite simply

Code:

#use delay(clock=8000000) //8Mhz internal oscillator 12F675
#use rs232(stream=CBL,baud=9600,parity=O,xmit=PIN_D2,rcv=PIN_D3,bits=8)

void main()
{

char c,i,cmd,sqn,csm;

while (true)
{

fgetc(CBL); //1
fgetc(CBL); //2
fgetc(CBL); //3
fgetc(CBL); //4
fgetc(CBL); //5
fgetc(CBL); //6
fgetc(CBL); //7
cmd=fgetc(CBL); //8
sqn=fgetc(CBL); //9
fgetc(CBL); //10 Get MBUS Frame

delay_ms(5); // Needs this SHOCKINGLY long delay for --- only knows what reason, piss poor hardware by nokia, or code or both I suspect

fputc(0x1f,CBL);
fputc(0x00,CBL);
fputc(0x48,CBL);
fputc(0x7f,CBL);
fputc(sqn,CBL);
fputc(0x1f^0x48^0x7f^sqn,CBL); // Send Ack (checksum XOR of all none zero data) frames seems to be about every 200 - 250ms

}

}

then link the pic up as below

(c) nobbi.com

Code:

3 4 5 6 7 8 9
| | | | \ \ \-GND/Vss on PIC
15k | 1k 100R \ \-Tx
| | | | \-Rx
G | G |
N | N |sig diode
D | D +->|-+
Vdd | |
on | |
PIC | |
D2 D3

(orignal idea from atrox.at) modified by foxabilo

now the 12F pic will do the fbus ping message back and forth allowing pins 7 and 8 on the nokia to be used as bog standard Tx and Rx pins for microcontroler use (please add relivent resitors to rx/tx to match impedence or use level shifters unless entire project is to be powered from phone pin 4) also note that to talk to a PC the Tx/Rx lines will need to be MAX232'd

Enjoy[/img]

sending sms through microcontroller

vakhariajignesh, why did you place a link to a book site with nothing relevant and then copy my own post in full ?

coloory, I posted the code needed for the PIC12675 in the posts above, written in C, if you need to convert that to another language i.e ASM is should be a very simple program as to example code for the micro-controller you can find many examples of how to use RS232 in the micro-controller basics section. If what you are after is a completed project with .hex file ready to program all debugged and working then I don't think you are going to be in luck.

Once you have built the mini fbus circuit I showed you, flashed it with the software I supplied, you then connect it to the phone as per the diagram. Once all of that has been done the phone will enter standard serial comms mode on pins 7 and 8.

All of the above circuitry and software is only to pretend to the phone that you have a $50 adaptor cable plugged in. Once it is fooled you can use the RX/TX lines like the phone was just a GSM modem, then you can send it AT+ commands and receive results back, that's when you develop your own code to make the phone do something.

send sms from microcontroler

Hi Guys,

The above written things are very useful if anybody wants to control his/her cell phone via FBUS by PIC.
I'd like to do almost the same, but I want to start&stop calling by PIC.

My question may seems stupid, but why we have to simulate the cable to the phone by using PIC12675, what is the MBUS function exactly and why we have to connect its GP2 and GP3 leads together via diode?

Thanks in advance!

Friendy regards from Hungary... :)

microcontroller project send sms

Here is nokia protocol from gnokii... I checked with my 3330 and it is correct...
I want to read netmonitor with pic12f675... I have understood protocol for netmonitor, but having problems with interfacing with pic...

I uploaded example of mobile<->logomanager comunication.

pic18f sms nokia

Can anyone help me about one doubt... I found out that MBUS uses: 8 bits for data, One parity bit ParityOdd, and one stop bit. I am not sure what this actualy means, so if anyone can tell me?

sending msg from microcontroller to mobiles

hi frens

does anyone know will a nokia 3120 work

and will it be the same ckt given above

sms controler nokia

D32xmax: this cable wont work with the 3120 as it has no internal modem, you can still send sms via mbus/fbus with this phone though.

foxabilo: Could you post the hex for the 12f675 as i dont have the C compiler to produce the hex,
Many Thanks,
Simon.

(EDIT: Can anybody post the hex for this??)

sms micro controller

hello every body i'm doing a project involving at89c2051 mc which is used to send the sms to a number can any one help me how to go by.

microcontroller nokia

use AT commands, if your phone can handle them

mobile phone uses microcontroller

hey,
i m also workin on same project but the phone m using is NOKIA 3120 n m using FBUS . but m stuck at communication between mobile phone n microcontroller 8051(89s52). i m getting some data (junk) while communicating with phone.
can any one help me .

connect a mobile with a microcontroller

CHECK YOUR CRYSTAL...USE 11.0592MHz crystal for 0% error...
if u use 12Mhz crystal it will produce 3.4% error,which will give junk

connecting mobile to microcontroller

hi,
thanks 4 reply....
ya i m using 11.0592 crystal only.
but problem is when i connect mobile with PC thru max 232 it start givin me junk value .....i don't y this is coming.......i have refered www.Embedtronics - Nokia F-Bus Protocol made simple.htm where is written tht to synchronise the phone n microcotroller or PC we hav to send 'U' 128 times.....i have done tht also but no response from mobile same junk is coming....wat to do ....!!!!

send sms from microcontroller

aside from 128 'U' you need to request some data from the phone, like hardware and software version, before you can get any reply

to get HW SW version, send
1E,00,0C,D1,00,07,00,01,00,03,00,01,60,00,72,D5
that is for Nokia 3310 using FBUS

nokia+microcontroler

i hav done tht also ....but no response same value is coming ....is nokia 3210 having internal modem??????....can i use AT command with nokia phones...

at command send sms nokia php

phones with modem (also GSM modules) are less difficult to interface to micro than those using FBUS protocol, in this project i used Nokia 6210
**broken link removed**
you can make your own DLR-3P, schematic and hex available at www.atrox.com, i can't find Schottky diode so i used two C1815 transistors instead,
before you can use the phone to send and receive messages, your code should set some parameters like CMGF, CMGS, CNMI etc depending on your application

8051 send sms

thanks for ur response .....

can anyone having any information about which all mobile phones (nokia or sony erricsson) having inbulit modem ...becoz phone with internal modem can understand AT commands. if u hav any link or list plz mail or post here......

sms with microcontroller

are you familiar with the z8encore microcontroller?
i using this one in my project, programming this to send SMS using nokia 3310...
i had a hard time dealing with N3310 modem log, those HEX codes are really difficult to understand that's why i'm here asking where can i find some discussions about modem logs/Hex codes and how it was derived..
anybody knows?
thanx!

send sms using microcontroller

Hello,

I'm trying to connect a Nokia 6210 to PC using only an MAX232 to convert signals, and using RX/TX/GND pins on Nokia 6210, I've tried all baudrates, and cannot get any answer from Nokia 6210, I've tryied AT and ATZ commands and no OK return.

Do I need anything else connected to other pins, like the MBUS one?

I want to connect it to a PIC18F microcontroller to send/receive SMS, can I connect the Nokia 6210 RX/TX pins to TX/RX pins of PIC and make it work?

This is driving me crazy, can anyone carify how to connect the Nokia 6210 to anything and have the AT commands working?

BTW: I've tryied to connect by IR and it worked OK, but I want it done by cable...

Thanks,

JS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back