Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use ".LIN analysis" in HSPICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

engrvip

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I use .lin analysis in HSPICE to measure the impedance or transimpedance using Z parameters?

For .lin analysis "port" element are required to be used at the nodes where 2-port parameters need to be calculated. ANd this port element needs the value of "resistance" and "impedance" to be pre-defined.

My doubt is regarding how to define these resistance/impedance value for a port element during 2-port network analysis using .LIN analysis in HSPICE?

Thanks
Vipul

You just need to define an impedance value for a port, and only if you want to change the default value of Z=50Ω.

See e.g. the HSPICE® User Guide: Simulation and Analysis, chap. 17: Linear Network Parameter Analysis

But what should be that impedance value I need to put in port element.

For example if I want to measure the output impedance of an Opamp then is it OK to work with impedance value of 50Ohm . What does this impedance / resistance value required by the port element signifies ????

What does this impedance / resistance value required by the port element signifies ????

For the input port: the output impedance of the driver for this input.

For the input port: the output impedance of the driver for this input.

And what about the output port ??? In case of measuring output impedance of opamp , what value should I us of impedance in output port ??

If you just want to measure the output impedance, it's much simpler to add a unit current source (1A ac) between output and GND, no input signal, then run an .ac analysis and plot output voltage vs. frequency, this directly gives you output impedance vs. freq. (kV ≘ kΩ).

Status
Not open for further replies.