Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to use instrumentation amplifier in amplifying 10 microvolts and send it to adc

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaus9952083382

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to use instrumentation amplifier in amplifying 10 microvolts and send it to adc

dear first you have to desice the gain of amp.
what are limits of your adc.
polar non polar etc ?
give some more details plz.

actually i m trying to measure the minute volts generated in the plant leaves..........i don't know whether i m right or wrong ..... but suppose if u have an input of the order of mv or nv ....... how do u calculate gain and decide about amplifier

dear you just have to experiment the gain value.
I suggest you to use OP177 for the gain of 1M.
then see the signal on scope, this output will suggest you the further processing.

actually i tried to measure the resistance of the leaves by inserting electrodes at various places and measures the resistanve using a multimeter which turned out to be 1 megaohm.......... now i have to see sutaible amlification and signal processing technique........................... i got little idea of myoelectric signals....

- - - Updated - - -

the resistance is of the order of megaohms.......... will this op amp amplify the signal to a sutaible level for further processing or please suggest me any instrumentation amplifier ..... i read that this amplifier is used to amplify too weak signals...............

Status
Not open for further replies.