Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use GPRS modem with AVR atmega16

Status
Not open for further replies.

saba7darya

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
could you tell me How to use GPRS modem with AVR atmega16 at codevision, I know I need one more seryal port , I have to build a seryal port by software at codevision & the sim 908 have to send its location to my micro & my pc.
Thank you in advance for your help

It's highly unrecommended to build a software serial port. The serial-port signals are over-sampled and require a percise monitoring of the signal to cancel-out any potential noise. I would suggest reconsidering the MCU used if you don't have enough serial ports for the project.

You could also use a I2C to UART converter (for example SC18IM700). This helps you create a serial-port using the available I2C bus on the chip.

thanks for your help but I'm a student & I have to do this project for my lesson I have to do it with atmega16 by programming at codevision AVR , could you tell me what I have to do? I need a program

Status
Not open for further replies.