Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to use CST to get the transmission line with open and short

Status
Not open for further replies.

victorfan2010

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Now I try to simulate by CST but I did not know how to use CST facing the transmission line with open or short. If there is somebody who can help me, thanks a lot.

99_1296200874.jpg

31_1296200874.jpg

Hi Victorfan2010,

You can design a transmission line on any substrate. Make the bottom plane as ground plane.
For an open circuit you can just leave the line open and for a short circuit the line should be grounded using a Via hole to ground.
A little caution for the length of line that it must not be \lambda /4 becasue the open/short characteristics are reversed in case of \lambda/4 line.

Hi Victorfan2010,

You can design a transmission line on any substrate. Make the bottom plane as ground plane.
For an open circuit you can just leave the line open and for a short circuit the line should be grounded using a Via hole to ground.
A little caution for the length of line that it must not be \lambda /4 becasue the open/short characteristics are reversed in case of \lambda/4 line.

thanks a lot~~but for the short circuit how can i get the via hole to ground? is there a sample? and what big is it? thanks~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back