Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to use a spi-flash model in verilog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom.wang

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI,

I have downloaded a spi flash model in verilog from Spansion(Pages * - NOR Flash Memory | Spansion.com) to test my spi master. how can I instanse it in the testbench? how to read data from the model?

thank you.

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:32 ----------

By the way, I am working with modelsim.

---------- Post added at 15:56 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

module s25fl008k
(
// Data Inputs/Outputs
SI ,
SO ,
// Controls
SCK ,
CSNeg ,
HOLDNeg,
WPNeg

);

It will be instantiated like any other component. As you showed, the module interface signals have self explanatory names.

The models internal data array will be available for inspection and forcing as well.

Furthermore, you should check whether some port will be tied with "1" or "0" for this model!

Thank you. I can now read data from a preload flash. However, the page-program command still does not work...

However, the page-program command still does not work...
The good point with a simulation model is, you can inspect the internal state machine and determine why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back