Not open for further replies.

bhl777

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am cutting a USB A-C cable and want to use the USB-C end to connect to a wall adaptor to generate a 5V power supply.

When I cut the wire, there are four wires in the thread, one red wire, one green wire, one white wire and the GND. When the USB-C connector of this cable is connected to the wall adaptor, the measured voltage between the red wire and the GND is ~0.725V,

I assume I need to do some rework for the green or white wires to add the pull up/down resistors. Would anyone advise me what should I do to generate a 5V DC between red and GND?

Thank you!

the voltage between red and black should be 5.0 V DC

when you wrote ~0.725 V, did you mean ~ to indicate about, or AC?
if you measured about 0.7 V DC, you may have a bad wall adapter, or you have the connection
overloaded - that is, you're trying to draw too much current

why would you want to add pull up resistors to the white and green wires, if the goal is a power supply?

Hi,

Wikipedia page, and many more, has the connector pinout in text and as pictures. You could do a continuity test to check which are actually the V+ and the ground wires based on the pins.

USB-C

Status
Not open for further replies.