Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HOW TO USE 89C51'S CODE IN 89V51RD2......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaywardhan

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI FRNDS,
I HAVE A PROJECT WITH CODE FOR 89C51.
PLEASE HELP ME HOW CAN I USE IT FOR P89V51RD2......

PLEASE HELP ME
THANKSIN ADVANCE

89c51 code will run on 89v51rd2.

srizbf
12thmay2010

yes you ca..
But vice versa may not be possible all the time..
If you are using special functions of 89V51RD2 like SPI, PCA then it is not possible to use code with 89C51, but you can directly port the code od 89C51 to 89V51RD2, no need to change even header file, You can use the same hex file as it is.

Same code should run, be aware that the V51 is a 3V device while the 89C51 is a 5V device

Bob

bobsanjose said:
Same code should run, be aware that the V51 is a 3V device while the 89C51 is a 5V device

Bob

Ya P89V51RD2 is a 5v device.

Vdd(min): 4.5v
Vdd(max): 5.5v

(frm datasheet.)

Jaywardhan said:
first thanks to all,
a code i have put it on 89V51RD2, but its not working.....
may be their is any problem with harware. when i power it up only LCD backlite is glowing.
plz go through below link for detail,,,,,,

https://kitsnspares.com/admin/pdffiles/DC Motor Controller.pdf

It doesn't mean that your code and connections are correct.Bcoz back light is just a LED.

can you send me private message, send ur code
I have P89V51RD2 with me i will check taht code and ll suggest any changes if require..:idea:

if you have connected ckt diagram as in PDF link you have given.Then just add external pullup resistors to LCD data lines becoz it is connected to P0 which has open drain o/p and requires external pullup when used as o/p port

But does it make any difference when 89C51 too has open drain output at Port 0.So logically if the circuit works for 89c51 it should work for 89v51rd2.Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back