Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to unsolder or unbraze a silver-soldered joint between stainless steel and brass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon_9

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, enjoyed the detailed explanation above on brazing. I have a question going in the reverse direction. How do you unsolder or unbraze a silver-soldered joint between stainless steel and brass without destroying optical components housed within?

Re: Remove the soldering

induction heating
car battery a resistor made from an old electric fire spring wire flap over a few times i use the same method to make a dummy load for audio p.a work {fold till its 8R or 4R but i think you can use a crock clip to adjust it and put it somewhere safe like back in its glass tube }
and two contacts made from the shape needed for the job some flat bars or points etc

for cleaning solder while its hot use a piece of mole skin hide to clean off heavy solder deposits you may need to tidy using a small pcb blowtorch seen a few models of this type or a blob of wirewool from a fine lathe that has been sprayed with flux and made into a small pad 1" on a stick

Re: Remove the soldering

I don't know the answer to your question but I want to make a guess. Are you want information about brazing so you can go my link Induction Brazing thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back