Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to understand this pic circuit???

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_seeker

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all ,

Can you please help me understanding the attached figure ..

I understood it is the circuit that let PIC18f4550 usb be able to be connected to a usb cable as we know it..right??

but what are the leds for??
how does it work?
and is the alarm circuit (pin 3) in the right place..i don't think so..but am I right??

Thanks a lot

Yes it can be connected to usb port. Leds are used for signalization.
The circuit is Ok !
But I can't say you what do exactly this hole circuit since the response depend on the program to be fashed in the µc.

There is also a problem with the way the oscillator is connected. The 20mhz crystal and caps to ground should have one side of the circuit connected to Pic pin 13 and the other side connected to Pic pin 14 and Vdd pins 11 and 13 should be connected to your +5v supply. Pic pin 1 (mclr) should only be connected to the reset button and the 4.7k resistor.

Like picengineer stated, the manner in which this circuit would work is entirely controlled by the program loaded into the PIC's memory.

HTH,

BobK

Hello guys ,

master_picengineer and BobK ..thank you for your reply

in the figure ..the alarm circuit is connected to pin 3 (RA1)...but it is an A/D channel in pic 18f4550..right?? is it allowed to connect an alarm circuit to A/D???

one other question ..if I want to insert an analog signal to this pic..can I directly connect it to an A/D converter for sampling and digitizing?? or it should be entered to some port then be moved to A/D???

Thanks a lot

truth_seeker said:
Hello all ,

Can you please help me understanding the attached figure ..

I understood it is the circuit that let PIC18f4550 usb be able to be connected to a usb cable as we know it..right??

but what are the leds for??
how does it work?
and is the alarm circuit (pin 3) in the right place..i don't think so..but am I right??

Thanks a lot

WARNING D10 is connected exactly wrong. Must be reversed, else will blew up the Q2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back