Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to trigger mosfet using microcontroller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balaji Mc

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, i'm new to microcontrollers, i need to trigger a mosfet using microcontroller. however, the pulse output at the controller port is not adequate to turn on the mosfet. can u tell me how to implement it using a gate driver?
I'm using this mosfet for switching low voltage Ac circuit. do i need to use optocoupler, in addition to the gate driver?

plz feel free to provide any other suggestions!

Hi

Search for a MOSFET driver with an enable pin.
You then use the Microcontroller to turn on the MOSFET Driver, which in turn turns on the MOSFET.

The MOSFET requires a larger charge to properly open than what the Micro can provide, that is why the MOSFET driver is used. Ensure that you have all the necessary caps for the MOSFET driver, as the caps help to provide the charge.

Something like this: https://za.rs-online.com/web/p/mosfet-power-drivers/0495473/

search for
Tahmid's blog: Low-Side MOSFET Drive Circuits
and ...
tahmidmc. blogspot .com/.../ low -side - mosf...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back