Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to transmit the very high data rate ( > 120Mbps)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cachep

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
re $ rate of 21 aug 2009

Could you let me know how to design a system which can transmit the high data rate ( over 120 Mbps) with the limitted bandwith (50MHz) and use the low frequency (from 0 to 200MHz)?
Thank you very much!

very high data rate book

You are basically looking for a system with spectral efficiency of 2.4 bit/s/Hz. Without considering channel code (parity bit), preamble and etc, a 8-PSK system (with 3 bit/symbol) will do the job perfectly in the ideal case.

Yes you can, but feasibility will depend what is your purpose, what are requirement of transmission??

cwjcwjcwj said:
You are basically looking for a system with spectral efficiency of 2.4 bit/s/Hz. Without considering channel code (parity bit), preamble and etc, a 8-PSK system (with 3 bit/symbol) will do the job perfectly in the ideal case.

Thank you cwjcwjcwj so much. I wonder if I can use single carrier to acquire this system.

What is your application? To me, this is quite high data rate. Therefore, if you are using single carrier, there might be a problem with inter symbol interference cause by frequency selective fading channel.

cwjcwjcwj said:
What is your application? To me, this is quite high data rate. Therefore, if you are using single carrier, there might be a problem with inter symbol interference cause by frequency selective fading channel.

Dear cwjcwjcwj!
I also have considers the fading and multi paths. So I think it is very difficult to realize the system by using single carrier (for example using 8-PSK to get the over 2bits/s/Hz)
My application is the system which is similar as the underwater communication.

I doesn't have much knowledge about underwater communication. As far as I know, the underwater wireless communication suffers from quite severe multipath fading. I think you may need multicarrier system such as OFDM to solve the problem. Is there any constraint for moving from single to multicarrier?

yes the OFDM is the best for this problem

cwjcwjcwj said:
I doesn't have much knowledge about underwater communication. As far as I know, the underwater wireless communication suffers from quite severe multipath fading. I think you may need multicarrier system such as OFDM to solve the problem. Is there any constraint for moving from single to multicarrier?

Dear cwj,
There are some constraints in multicarrier such as PAPR, carrier phase noise, frequency offset, timing offset . . . In my opinion, the requirement of high data rate >120Mbps in the design make many difficulties.

Added after 1 minutes:

Aya2002 said:
yes the OFDM is the best for this problem

Dear Aya2002,
I also think that the OFDM is the best for this problem.
Thank you very much about the wonderful OFDM book that you sent to me.

I have a question about the frequency of OFDM. What is the frequency range of the signal output of the baseband module before continueing transfer to the passband module and antenna?

Can you be a bit more specific on the channel characteristics, power limititation,etc?

cachep said:
Could you let me know how to design a system which can transmit the high data rate ( over 120 Mbps) with the limitted bandwith (50MHz) and use the low frequency (from 0 to 200MHz)?
Thank you very much!
Hi,
I think, the Ethernet (Fast-ethernet or Gigabit -ethernet) may be usable.
For example: Fast-ethernet 100base-T has:
1. Full duplex 100Mbps
2. "Fundamental frequency" of 31.25 MHz
3. Distance: <100m (UTP cat. 5) or ~ 10km (fiber-optic cable).
Is that OK?

Thanhlongbin said:
cachep said:
Thank you very much!
Hi,
I think, the Ethernet (Fast-ethernet or Gigabit -ethernet) may be usable.
For example: Fast-ethernet 100base-T has:
1. Full duplex 100Mbps
2. "Fundamental frequency" of 31.25 MHz
3. Distance: <100m (UTP cat. 5) or ~ 10km (fiber-optic cable).
Is that OK?

Thank you Thanhlongbin for your comment. However, I can not use the Ethernet beacuse I need one wireless solution.

It would be ideal to know what is the application you are intended to workup this system...
It plays a major role in deciding on system architecture and framework

rmreddy said:
It would be ideal to know what is the application you are intended to workup this system...
It plays a major role in deciding on system architecture and framework

Hi rmreddy. This system will be used for applications requiring the high data rate. For example, it can receive and transmit the real time images.

cachep said:
Thank you Thanhlongbin for your comment. However, I can not use the Ethernet beacuse I need one wireless solution.
You didn't mention the range, but may it also could be possible to use optical channel (100BASE-FX ?) but over the air, without wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.