How to test this IGBT module having 7 IGBTs " 7MBR25NE120 " ? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to test this IGBT module having 7 IGBTs " 7MBR25NE120 "

look how to test 6 IGBTs with free wheeling diodes
and 3-phase bridge same way as separate diodes

what does it mean by " Brake " , " FWD " , " NLU " , " B " ?
Difference between P & P1 ?

Look Figure 1 : Block Diagram of Inverter Power Stage
http://www.irf.com/technical-info/whitepaper/cic1200v.pdf

..........................................................................................................

KAK

But what to do with NLU while testing this IGBT power module & what to do with converter circuit ?

Just test the 6 diodes as a pair of 3 diodes with DMM ? or treat them an a single diode ?

Are you referring to this post :
" How to test this IGBT module BSM 50 GD120DN2E3226 having 6 IGBTs with free wheeli
I drew instructions.....................

Test 6 pcs IGBT module same way as 3 separate IGBT pairs :
"

thanks for your phenomenal answers & replies *** Bless Ya

Last edited:

Are you referring to this post :
" How to test this IGBT module BSM 50 GD120DN2E3226 having 6 IGBTs with free wheeli
I drew instructions.....................:

Yes.

But what to do with NLU while testing this IGBT power module

Nothing.............Just do as shown in above post.

Test diodes same way as in diode bridge, each diode separately.

I think that NLU part can not be tested separately,
It is only possible to compare conductivity between gate terminal and the corresponding emitter
in each IGBT.
Test with multimeter diode-range in both polarity by changing meter wires ( same as in diode test )
Values should be same with each IGBT-gate.

In attached picture in...........
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/227364/#post969472
has simple explanation of NLU principle .

KAK

thanks a lot .......

1) so there are total 13 diodes , so test all of the 13 diodes separately both in reverse bias & forward bias condition ? am i right ???

For testing IGBTs having Gates : Gb (7), Gx (8) , Gy (9) & Gz (10) the Emitter is same i.e. E (11), Am i right ??? Can't we take "N" as Emitter because they both shorted out to each other ( for testing the IGBTs whose Gate's names are mentioned above ) ????

2) For testing IGBTs having Gates : Gu (1), Gv (3) , Gw (5) the Collector is same i.e. P1 , Am i right ???

3) And taking Emitters Eu (2) for IGBT whose gate is Gu (1), Ev (4) for IGBT whose gate is Gv (3) ,
Ew (6) for IGBT whose gate is Gw (5) ... Am i right , sir ???

4) Can't we take U as emitter of the IGBT whose gate is Gu (1) instead of Eu (2) ?
Similarly, Can't we take V as emitter of the IGBT whose gate is Gv (3) instead of Ev (4) ?
And, Similarly, Can't we take W as emitter of the IGBT whose gate is Gw (5) instead of Ew (6) ?

Cause U is shorted out to Eu (2)
Similarly, V is shorted out to Ev (4)
And, W is shorted out to Ew (6) .....

5) For Testing diodes individually :

a) For Converter Circuit (the diodes on the above) : cathode is P & Anode is R, S & T. Am i right ?
b) For Converter Circuit (the diodes on the bottom) : cathode is R, S & T & Anode is N or E (11). Am i right ?

c) For Brake Circuit : cathode is P1 & Anode is B. Am i right ?

d) For Inverter Circuit (the diodes on the above) : cathode is P1 & Anode is Eu, Ev & Ew OR (U, V & W Respectively). Am i right ?
e) For Inverter Circuit (the diodes on the bottom) : cathode is U, V & W & Anode is N or E (11). Am i right ?

Kindly, answer these thanks a lot

Yes, every component tested as a separate part.

If it helps you , imagine two separate rows of components
blue and green as shown in picture below.................

KAK

Yes, every component tested as a separate part.

If it helps you , imagine two separate rows of components
blue and green as shown in picture below.................

View attachment 62531

KAK

bundle of thanks man

the split pictures you sent with green boundary & other with blue boundary are proving that whatever i understood was absolutely right ? thanks to you man

Status
Not open for further replies.