Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to take only the bass from a audio signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

darvenkry

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Okay, my question is, what type of circuit will attach parallel to a audio signal line and output just the bass. Im trying to extract the bass from the amplified signal of the speakers. This bass signal will be a low power output which will go into another amplifier (to a sub). Will attaching something parallel to the audio signal line distort the sound?

Such as a low pass filter?

With this low pass filter, how does it take its input? The signal i'll be using will be very high amplitude such as the signal that drives speakers. Can this circuit attach parallel to this signal so that almost 100% of the power goes to the speaker and using resistors a little bit of the signal goes into the low pass filter?

darvenkry said:
Okay, my question is, what type of circuit will attach parallel to a audio signal line and output just the bass. Im trying to extract the bass from the amplified signal of the speakers. This bass signal will be a low power output which will go into another amplifier (to a sub). Will attaching something parallel to the audio signal line distort the sound?
You have to just design or use a Sub woofer filter which will filter out the Sub (Low Bass) frequencies right from 50Hz up to 150Hz. There are many sub woofer designs in practice where the satellite speakers connections are connected to the subwoofer input after sufficient attenuation, which will not distort the sound in any of the speakers. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.