Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to syntetize a circuit from its transfer function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leron

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys!
I have a problem... as stated in the subject I have the trasfer function of a certain passive circuit, in the form of a padè approximation obtained by measurements fitting and I would like to find an appropriate lumped circuit to implement this function.
Do you yuou know which tool can I use (something like a matlab routine or some free software) or where to find good references for this???
Thank you as usual for your attention

Leron

poles and zeros

If you can get the function as a polynomial you can use either classical hand calculations or a computer program. The filter program from nuhertz will accept the pole-zero input to give the hardware.

For this purpose, there are many approximations such as Foster , Cauer ,
Mitra , Darlington etc.
Each approximation has its own circuit topology and feature.
Before doing this , it should be checked with some methods to verify that the circuit is " realizable " or not.

I think a " network synthesizing" book wil help you.

Regards ,

yes, usually every book about filter theory talk about this topic, you can try the book "introduction to filter disign" form prentice hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back