Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to store an image by its pixel value in a block RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

praveenkcp

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,
i need to store an image by its pixel values in block RAM. how can i convert an mage into its pixel values. using matlab i had converted. if tat s k means hw can store it in block ram.

Re: simulating BLOCK RAM

you can convert the image to pixels value using Matlab (exactly as you mentioned!)

to save it in block ram, I believe you can save the data in a file format of .coe and then use this file to initialize your BRAMs while your creating them, You will find an option called memory Initialization, tick Load Init file and choose your .coe file.

I didnt try it before but I think it works, however

1- You need to read about .coe file and how to save the data in a way that can be stored correctly in the BRAM while initializing it.
2- To create a BRAM and find this option(Memory Initialization) am referring to this way of creating a BRAM.

you will find the option Memory Initialization in page 3 of 5 in the Block Memory Generator GUI.

Reactions: praveenkcp

praveenkcp

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
    V

thanks for ur help. ill try this method. am using ise 9.2i oly.. is it possible to create a BRAM as u said in ISE 11.5 .

V

Actually I have no idea!!...but I believe it should be there somehow...maybe you have to search the internet to see whether its supported or not

Reactions: praveenkcp

praveenkcp

V

Actually I have no idea!!...but I believe it should be there somehow...maybe you have to search the internet to see whether its supported or not

hi
i had found it in new source option itself. using tat i had geenrated a BRAM. but it produces lot of text files. but tat .v files are not included to my project. hw can i simulate this block b4 gng for hardware dumping.

thank you

Reactions: emerson_11

V

emerson_11

Why do u need the .v file?...I guess you dunt want to change anything there...You just need to use the memory you created...u have to call it as an entity inside wherever you want to use it to save the data . However if you still want the .v files they must be there some where in the folders. Just search for the main project folder for .v files and youll find it.

attached you willl find a picture of my created BRAM..I just wrote a test bench for it(picture2) to read all the value inside and it worked perfect..

I hope you understand what am saying...well I really did not even see the 9.2i version of ISE so I cant help you at all with this..but I strongly believe that the differences wont be that much at least on our beginners level ;)

Eshbon

Attachments

• picture.JPG
    picture.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 183
  • picture2.JPG
    picture2.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 193

thank you for the help.
it is similar to ise 9.2i oly. i have got the block ram for my specifications.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back