Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to start working with ZigBee design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjalps

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I'm starting with ZigBee design, because I think that it realy has great potetntial because of price and usability.

Did anyone tried Microchip demo and how it works? How is with stack?

Can you sugest with what is best to start?

Can we realy achive 25m distances and more?

Please, write anything what you think is good for new people on this subject!

regards!

zigbee design

Issue 175 (February 2005) of Circuit Cellar magazine contains Part 1 of a tutorial on ZigBee. The tutorial contains two parts.

Regards

zigbee how to

tjalps said:
Hello!

I'm starting with ZigBee design, because I think that it realy has great potetntial because of price and usability.

Did anyone tried Microchip demo and how it works? How is with stack?

Can you sugest with what is best to start?

Can we realy achive 25m distances and more?

Please, write anything what you think is good for new people on this subject!

regards!

Hi

1) Try to search for Zigbee at this forum and you will find some info about Zigbee
2) Go to www.zigbee.org for introductory info
3) There are some good IEEE papers about the subject

Range: 25m should not be a problem. Freescale has achieved link over 300m!
Zigbee kits: Ember, Microchip, Chipcon and Freescale offer Zigbee kits. The Ember stack is pretty neat. I don't know about the others. Try out yourself.

Good luck :)

microchip zigbee tutorial

Hello!

What do you mean that Ember stack is neat?

Regards!

how to start with zigbee

tjalps said:
Hello!

What do you mean that Ember stack is neat?

Regards!

"It seems to function well".

how to zigbee

Hello!

Did you buy complete development system from ember or you started working only with Ember IC's?

Regards!

details of zigbee

tjalps said:
Hello!

Did you buy complete development system from ember or you started working only with Ember IC's?

Regards!

Hi

Our team recently started on this mixture of external kit and our own technology.

A.T.B

how to start with zigbee

milojames said:
Take a look at h**p://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=13192DSK&parentCode=ZRP-1&nodeId=02XPgQhCQ6m6cy7103
. I've been playing around with the freescale development kit and it works pretty well. You can get 25m, but you have to build your own antennas. The ones on the eval board are not very good.

Is it correct that you need two antennas? It looks like it from the brochure.
Thanks.

zigbee microchip example

Which is better EMBER or FREESCALE?

Regards!

full details of zigbee

tjalps said:
Which is better EMBER or FREESCALE?

Regards!

Hard to say. You need to work with both to tell. I haven't.

A.T.B

microchip zigbee example

Yes, the freescale parts have a seperate tx and rx antenna. I used a tx/rx switch to only use one antenna, but I suppose you could also design a passive combining circut since the device never transmits or recieves at the same time.

the chipcon CC2420 is a much nicer part and has the tx/rx switch built in, as well as hardware based encryption, but is more expensive, so I must use the freescale part.

zigbee where to start from

milojames said:
Yes, the freescale parts have a seperate tx and rx antenna. I used a tx/rx switch to only use one antenna, but I suppose you could also design a passive combining circut since the device never transmits or recieves at the same time.

the chipcon CC2420 is a much nicer part and has the tx/rx switch built in, as well as hardware based encryption, but is more expensive, so I must use the freescale part.

The upcoming parts also from newcommers seem to be better. Hard to say which will be best.

:)

zigbee where to start

Hi Do any body have full details on ZigBee. Do any body have extra Freescale development board.

Please support me, i want one.

starting zigbee

mitesh said:
Hi Do any body have full details on ZigBee. Do any body have extra Freescale development board.

Please support me, i want one.

I think it is not for free.

:)

zigbee design kit

Hello!

Yest that is true. From begining Freescale had limited number of development kits and now he stoped the action and if I'm right you can order development kit for around 99 USD which is much cheaper than Ember and ChipCon.

regards!

configure zigbee tutorial

Microchip has an nice kit with two microcontroller boards and two ieee802.15.4 capable RF modules for 199 USD. The kit is limited in that it uses pre-spec zigbee software with no mesh routing functionality. The source code is included however (but no C compiler).

More here : **broken link removed** and pictures : **broken link removed**

The RF modules use ChipCon CC2420 chips. Ember re-labels these chips as EM2420.

Chipcon sells the CC2420EM, Pictures here : **broken link removed**. This is an CC2420 RF Module.

how zigbee start

I heard that Freescale is distributing its ZIgBee MAC code for free but under certain conditionds or something like that .. is that true ? .. if yes, how can I get to have this code given that I will use it in my masters ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back