Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to start with arm9??!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

soroosh.m

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello every body. i'm using avr micro controllers but i've bought an arm9 board and i want to start programming with c++ .
there is a s3c2440 on the board. how i can start learning programming on this micro controller ?!?! plz help me :idea: :|

This is a S3C2440 is a samsung chip. To learn programming on this microcontroller you'd need to frst find manufacturer of the board and then find support documents for understanding the schematics and on board devices. S3C2440 processors usually are not directly programmed and come with pre-installed
1. Linux Or
2. Microsoft Windows CE

You will need to decide if you want to learn to program using embedded Linux or Windows CE.
Usually there are website of the board manufacturer who provide detailed manuals on how to instal and program the boards having S3C2440 ARM processor. Working on ARM processors such as S3C2440 is different than working on 8 bit microcontrollers such as AVR,PIC or 8051.

This is a S3C2440 is a samsung chip. To learn programming on this microcontroller you'd need to frst find manufacturer of the board and then find support documents for understanding the schematics and on board devices. S3C2440 processors usually are not directly programmed and come with pre-installed
1. Linux Or
2. Microsoft Windows CE

You will need to decide if you want to learn to program using embedded Linux or Windows CE.
Usually there are website of the board manufacturer who provide detailed manuals on how to instal and program the boards having S3C2440 ARM processor. Working on ARM processors such as S3C2440 is different than working on 8 bit microcontrollers such as AVR,PIC or 8051.

thank's
you mean i can not program this chip directly?!
so what chip should i use if I want to program with c++ language directly ?!

Atmel Studio 6 supports programming in C++. You may choose any Atmel Microcontroller. Most common are ATMEGA series of microcontrollers such as following:
ATMEGA8,
ATMEGA32,
ATMEGA48,
ATMEGA328,
ATMEGA2560

Regards

thanks
but i need a micro controller with a high range of frequency like ARMs
can you help me?!

Status
Not open for further replies.