Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to start learning Embedded Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamil choudhury

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Guys,

I am a student of ECE, 3rd Semester. Our college is insisting us to start B.Tech project from now on.

I don't have any idea on Embedded Linux or any other Embedded OS, how they work, where are they implemented etc. But I have experience on Desktop software development and I know a wide variety of programming languages like C, C++, Java to other HLLs.

Please suggest me from where I should start learning about Embedded OS and their hardware requirements etc.

Thank You.

P.S: I found some old threads where almost similar questions were asked, but most of the links of resources are not working..

if you are want learn Linux device driver,you can buy some books and buy a board for linux

is it possible in raspberry pi ?

Book - Linux device driver

O'reilly publications

Author - Robert love

Do you mean "Linux Kernel Development" by Robert Love (Novell) or "Linux Device Drivers" by Jonathan Corbet, Alessandro Rubini, Greg Kroah-Hartman (O'reilly)?

Sorry my bad for messing it up.

It's the latter one , "Linux Device Drivers" by Jonathan Corbet, Alessandro Rubini, Greg Kroah-Hartman (O'reilly)" .

If you're interested, there's a free intro course on Linux on edX right now. A lot of the ideas are portable since the embedded version is just a smaller more optimized version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back