Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to standalone test of an AC breaker motor part

Status
Not open for further replies.

saesaria

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have a 3 phase 380V of AC breaker motor part need to be standalone test to make sure this part is still good.
20210411_103636.jpg20210411_103613.jpg

How to standalone test of this AC breaker motor part, is it using insulation check or just resistance check? and what is the good measurement range?
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Both.
* Insulation check against metal case.
* resistance check: each wire against each wire. All three values need to be very identical and relaticely low ohmic.
If the lowest value is less than 85% of the highest value you should be worried.

Klaus

Hi,

Both.
* Insulation check against metal case.
* resistance check: each wire against each wire. All three values need to be very identical and relaticely low ohmic.
If the lowest value is less than 85% of the highest value you should be worried.

Klaus
What is the minimum insulation value? is it around 1 Mega ohms or something bigger than that?

Hi,

Isolation check needs to be done with high voltage. A DVM can't do this.
Do you have a HV isolation check device?

1 MOhm should be sufficient.

Klaus

Hi,

Isolation check needs to be done with high voltage. A DVM can't do this.
Do you have a HV isolation check device?

1 MOhm should be sufficient.

Klaus
Yes, I have the megger to test the insulation. Thanks for your help. I really appreciated that.

Status
Not open for further replies.