Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to solder smd components

Status
Not open for further replies.

thisistausif

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello

my simple question

how should i solder an smd microcontroller pqfp package of TI msp430 with 64 pins

Hello.
Look here, **broken link removed**
A good tutorial and videos about smd, pqfp and others smd.

Good luck!
[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello friend
I am a professional, what i use to do is i just put my SMD component on its PAD on PCB properly so that each pin have contact with its corresponding pad pin on the PCB. now solder 4 corner pins of the IC. no matter if the solder technique is not good for these 4 pins. now the IC got stick on the board. Now solder all pins of one side of the IC by using a long solder wire keep on soldering these pins untill all the pins got completely dipped in the solder. Now tilt the PCB at an angle and again put your solder IRON on these pins by pushing all the extra solder on these pins downwards. all the extra solder autometically gets off the board. Do the same for all the sides.

satish.ghariya says
Hello friend
I am a professional, what i use to do is i just put my SMD component on its PAD on PCB properly so that each pin have contact with its corresponding pad pin on the PCB. now solder 4 corner pins of the IC. no matter if the solder technique is not good for these 4 pins. now the IC got stick on the board. Now solder all pins of one side of the IC by using a long solder wire keep on soldering these pins untill all the pins got completely dipped in the solder. Now tilt the PCB at an angle and again put your solder IRON on these pins by pushing all the extra solder on these pins downwards. all the extra solder autometically gets off the board. Do the same for all the sides.

does this process wont danage ic due to over heating

pavcostel said:
Hello.
Look here, **broken link removed**
A good tutorial and videos about smd, pqfp and others smd.

Good luck!

Thank, good tutorial !

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.