Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to size a 4 GHz TSPC D-FF, 0.13um technology?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ideal world

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi every one

i am working on designing TSPC D-FF with 0.13 um technotogy at 4 GHZ

i don't know a proper way to size this D-FF

there is always a delay between the input and the output

more over when i use it in divide by 2 test bench the duty cycle is larger than 50%

that is my design and the results

i searched in rabaey for a good method but i couldn't find

please help me with that because i need it as soon as possible

thanks alot

Re: TSPC sizing

Hi,

Input/output delay can be easily seen at 4 GHz. The only way to overcome that is to use minimum transistor sizes. I dont think also that there is a way to have a 50% duty cycle directly from the DFFs. My idea is to use a simple clock adjuster that ANDs the Clock with itself delayed by Δt.

TSPC sizing

Use minimum size transistors and increase the size of the transistor closest to the power supply when there are two transistors in series between the input and output.

TSPC sizing

@ AdvaRes
good sizing can ensure that but i can't get that sizing

@ JoannesPaulus
does this overcome charge sharing and all the problems of tspc
moreover what about at what ratio should i increase the transistors near the power supply

thanks

Re: TSPC sizing

ideal world said:
does this overcome charge sharing and all the problems of tspc
No.
ideal world said:
moreover what about at what ratio should i increase the transistors near the power supply
I would start from twice the minimum width and increase by adding fingers until you are happy with the performance. I do not know of any analytical procedure for tspc sizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.