Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate the unloaded Q of a cavity resonator using HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

icecooling

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

Is there anyone knows how to simulate the unloaded Q of a cavity resonator using HFSS? When I change the coupling, the unloaded Q changes. I don't know why. How can I get a precise unloaded Q? Thank you very much for your help.

Re: Cavity Resonator Design

I think there's an example in the manual of analyzing a cavity with the Eigenmode solver. It might be worth looking at that.

Dave

I think there's an example in the manual of analyzing a cavity with the Eigenmode solver. It might be worth looking at that.

Dave

Thank you! Do you know where can I get the example?

Do you have the HFSS manual? I thought it was in that. I've certainly seen an example of using the eigenmode solver which used a cavity.

Update: See the pdf file C:\Program Files\Ansoft\HFSS14.0\Win64\Help\hfss_onlinehelp.pdf

then see page 115. There's a reference to a file cavity.hfss. I notice elsewhere in the manual it says the Q is calculated with the Fields Calculator. Also see page 1190.

Dave

Last edited:

Do you have the HFSS manual? I thought it was in that. I've certainly seen an example of using the eigenmode solver which used a cavity.

Update: See the pdf file C:\Program Files\Ansoft\HFSS14.0\Win64\Help\hfss_onlinehelp.pdf

then see page 115. There's a reference to a file cavity.hfss. I notice elsewhere in the manual it says the Q is calculated with the Fields Calculator. Also see page 1190.

Dave

Thank you man,I am reading the manual.

Reducing coupling will give you a more accurrate answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back