Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate the bias circuits for amplifiers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saulbit

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to design a 10GHz~16GHz amplifer bias circuits. The amplifer is a MMIC from Hittite. However, I have to design the bias circuit. I have disigned some high impedance microstrip line, in order to form some inductor. The DC voltage pad is the end of the high impedance microstrip line. How can I simulate in the HFSS design? The DC Pad should be equal to open circuit or short circuit? In the traditional tutorials, the voltage sources shoul be equal to short circuit, but this may not be the case in microwave frequency band? I just wonder it. If the short circuit is the case, how can I simulate in HFSS? If not, how can I set the attribute of DC pad in the HFSS?
Thanks in advance, any reply is welcome.

hi, I think HFSS simulate the passive model, not including active circuit. You only simulate the parts in your MMIC circuit. After then, export the S parameters to ADS or other tools. hope to helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back