Not open for further replies.

butterfish

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, all
Now I 'm design a APLL and I want to optimize bandwidth for minimize phase noise, the phase noise of PFD and VCO are necessary.
but the output of PFD&charge pump is a discrete singnal, how to simulate the phase noise of PFD and charge pump in Hspice?
thanks in advance!

halo, butterfish..
i also doing PLL project currently. so far i understood about phase noise is the output of the PFD at the certain frequency offset. i m not familiar with Hspice simulation, but in mentor graphic, there is a noise simulation in analysis part. maybe u can have a try.

Hi, trayant,
Thanks for reply!
But I dont have mentor graghic.
Do you have any paper about PDF/VCO phase noise estimate?

haha, when i reply ur msg, i start to ask myself about the phase noise simulation in mentor graphic.

because i also havent tried out this before. can you wait for few day? when i go lab only can try to do the noise simulation.

i read the book from B.Razavi. Phase noise of VCO is higher than PFD. really sorry, lab close on weekend.

i had just done my PFD with dead zone elimination architecture with input frequenc 100MHz only. if i try out more simulation, we can have some discussion.

i also a new guy to IC design and PLL.

butterfish

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
trayant said:
but in mentor graphic, there is a noise simulation in analysis part.

What is the name of the tool that you are using ? Is it Eldo/Eldo RF or it is another tool ?

i am using mentor graphic with tsmc018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…