Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate in modelsim using scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason_bill

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I make a PCI Express core using core gen, one of it's output is simulation script file for functional simulation but i don't now how can i simulate the core functionality using this script in modelsim.

do i must create a new project in modelsim and add the testbench files?

In ug343 it mentioned :
1. To run the simulation, go to the following directory:
<project_dir>/<component_name>/simulation/functional
2. Run the script that corresponds to your simulation tool using one of the following:
VCS: simulate_vcs.sh
Cadence IES: simulate_ncsim.sh
ModelSim: vsim -do simulate_mti.do

but i can understand it's means.

thanks

Hi

I make a PCI Express core using core gen, one of it's output is simulation script file for functional simulation but i don't now how can i simulate the core functionality using this script in modelsim.

do i must create a new project in modelsim and add the testbench files?

In ug343 it mentioned :
1. To run the simulation, go to the following directory:
<project_dir>/<component_name>/simulation/functional
2. Run the script that corresponds to your simulation tool using one of the following:
VCS: simulate_vcs.sh
Cadence IES: simulate_ncsim.sh
ModelSim: vsim -do simulate_mti.do

but i can understand it's means.

thanks

Have you tried running the appropriate script that they told you to run (since you're using Modelsim, that would be 'vsim -do...')? If not, then start there. If there are errors from running that script/command then
- Read the documentation again to see if there was some other step you missed. Based on the commands that you have listed, the source files should have already been compiled. If there is more than one file then you might need to determine the correct compilation order. If you're using Modelsim, then you can add the source files to your project and have it compile and determine the proper order for you.
- If things still aren't working, post some info like the error that you got.

Kevin Jennings

thanks,

I did as below:

1. after completion of core generation, in the core directory a file with .xise extention is created.

2. then i opened this file as a project file in ISE.
pic1.jpg
3. now in the simulation tab i chose the test bench file (board.vhd) and then double click in the below section.
pic2.jpg

4. after that the modelsim lunched but after running some script it can't start simulation process on show thess erorr:
Code:
# Model Technology ModelSim SE-64 vlog 10.1c Compiler 2012.07 Jul 27 2012
# ** Error: endpoint_blk_plus_v1_15/simulation/dsport/xilinx_pcie_2_0_rport_v6.v(59): Cannot find `include file "board_common.v" in directories:
#     F:/modeltech64_10.1c/ovm-2.1.2/../verilog_src/ovm-2.1.2/src, F:/modeltech64_10.1c/uvm-1.1b/../verilog_src/uvm-1.1b/src
# -- Compiling module xilinx_pcie_2_0_rport_v6
# ** Error: F:/modeltech64_10.1c/win64/vlog failed.
# Error in macro ./board.fdo line 93
# F:/modeltech64_10.1c/win64/vlog failed.
#     while executing
# "vlog  "endpoint_blk_plus_v1_15/simulation/dsport/xilinx_pcie_2_0_rport_v6.v""

now where and when i must use "vsim -do simulate_mti.do"?

can you tell me a step by step simulation way of a core generator output? i have same problem for simulation a sata phy layer that created by core gen.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back