Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate ft/fmax in AWR(microwave office)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

selwyn008

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to simulate fmax

Hello, guys
I wanna see how ft/fmax changes with different Ic to choose best bias for device.
How can I plot this curve in Microwavr Office?

I used the transit time(TFF) to simulate ft:
TFF=TF*{1+XTF*(if/(if+ITF))^2*exp(Vbc/(1.44*VTF))}
and if is the ideal forward diffusion current,if=IS*(exp(Vbe/(NF*Vt))-1)
Then, ft=1/(2PI*TFF)。
However,the simulated ft_VS_Ibias is not a 2nd order curve with a peak,but a monotone decreasing equation。
I don't know why, any help for me?thanks very much

selwyn

how to simulate peak ft

Hello,

Follow below steps...
set tau, or Gm as sweep variable in schematic add output equation for ft & then add the IDC measurement to Ic then plot on a graph..

OR

take separate ft/fmax measurement with the equation and a separate measurement for Ic...
Then plot both measurements using Data -> Plot Measurement 1 vs Measurement 2: PlotVs

---manju---

awr microwave equation if

Hi,Manju
thank you very much, but what I really want to know is the exactly ft/fmax equation for simulation. Can you give me some instruction?
Thanks for help.

selwyn

Manjunatha_hv said:
Hello,

Follow below steps...
set tau, or Gm as sweep variable in schematic add output equation for ft & then add the IDC measurement to Ic then plot on a graph..

OR

take separate ft/fmax measurement with the equation and a separate measurement for Ic...
Then plot both measurements using Data -> Plot Measurement 1 vs Measurement 2: PlotVs

---manju---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back