Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate efficiency of rectifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saminad

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear

I want to get efficiency of rectifier in ADS but I can't
I found 2 and 3 formulas here to simulate it but I confused

Could you help me?

Solution
In addition to impedance of its PN junction, the diode also contains a certain amount of ohmic resistance. As you push greater Amperes through the component, ohmic resistance accounts for ever greater percentage of its total impedance. Thus efficiency drops after you reach a certain current level. (11 dBm on your graph.)

Heating effect makes a difference in measurements. The longer time that the current is applied, the more temperature rises, and the diode's efficiency drops.
It's no surprise if simulations differ from real-life measurements.
Hi,

did you see the many threads here in this forum about this topic?

I recommend to refine your question, especially:
* which formulas you refer to
* what especially confuses you

Klaus

Hi,

did you see the many threads here in this forum about this topic?

I recommend to refine your question, especially:
* which formulas you refer to
* what especially confuses you

Klaus
I read all topics about this issue

But I can't find best formula for efficiency of rectifier.
How can I simulate these sample figures in ADS ? Vout and Efficiency?

Attachments

• P1.png
    P1.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 128
  • VD.png
    VD.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 121

In addition to impedance of its PN junction, the diode also contains a certain amount of ohmic resistance. As you push greater Amperes through the component, ohmic resistance accounts for ever greater percentage of its total impedance. Thus efficiency drops after you reach a certain current level. (11 dBm on your graph.)

Heating effect makes a difference in measurements. The longer time that the current is applied, the more temperature rises, and the diode's efficiency drops.

Solution

This is not my graph. I cut them from other manuscripts
Now, I just want to draw them in ADS and I don't know how can I get them?

I use LSSB and HB simulation

I read all topics about this issue

But I can't find best formula for efficiency of rectifier.
How can I simulate these sample figures in ADS ? Vout and Efficiency?
Follow this example to simulate the "Vout vs. Pin" graph.

ADS cannot directly simulate "Efficiency vs. Pin". To plot this graph, you will need to write a measurement equation to calculate:
n = Vout x Rload / Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back