How to simulate a typical non-inverting operational amplifier in ADS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ching

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does someone know how to simulate a typical non-inverting operational amplifier in ADS? I have tried to simulate it as showed in the following schematic diagram. I want to use 100KHz sine wave as a input source and I expected the output should be the enlarged sine wave. However, the a.c output is totally different from my expectation. The model number of the op-amp is TL720. What wrong with my design? Can someone help me?

Re: op-amp simulation

Yes it is possible with ADS, upload your project file here. some one can help you.

Ching

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: op-amp simulation

I find that the input and output waveform become sine wave when I use "Harmonic Balance" to simulate it. I don't know whether is it correct or not ?! And which one of the source , ac voltage source or power source, should I use? Both of them can set the desired freqeuency.

Moreover, in the op-amp parameter setting, I don't know what open loop DC gain should be? Is it same as the "large signal voltage gain" in the data sheet? Am I right to set "Gain=46dB" in the simulation as the " Large singal voltage gain=200V/mV" given by the data sheet?

The extension dsn is not allowed to upload. How can I upload my file? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…