Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to simulate a toatlly transceiver with switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liletian

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys
Did anyone have experience on how to simulate a total transceiver with switch? SIngle transmitter and receiver have been test seperately.
Thanks,

If you speak about T/R switch between RX and TX, for link budget analysis just add the insertion loss of the switch on each path (RX and TX). On RX side you will lose some sensitivity due to increase of the NF, and on the TX path you will lose some RF power and some PAE (Power Added Efficiency).
For a nonlinear analysis on the TX path have to take in account the distortions introduced by the switch at high power levels

vfone said:
If you speak about T/R switch between RX and TX, for link budget analysis just add the insertion loss of the switch on each path (RX and TX). On RX side you will lose some sensitivity due to increase of the NF, and on the TX path you will lose some RF power and some PAE (Power Added Efficiency).
For a nonlinear analysis on the TX path have to take in account the distortions introduced by the switch at high power levels
I actually want to see simulation totally TRX together, which means I have a control signal and want to see if the totally system works. I want to have a descript of control signal and to see if the output of the transceiver is correct.
Thanks

kspalla said:
Is the application is like T/R module where transmit and receive are time multiplexing? Let me understand.
Yes, I will have a time control signal to tell T/R when to on, when to off, and want to see if the output meet my requirement! I want to simulate the totally process. Please let me know if it is clear now.
Thanks

What simulation program are you using?

What do you expect to see from adding transmit/receive switching to the simulation, and is your simulation in suficcient detail to show you switching artifacts?

Dave
www.keystoneradio.com

kspalla said:
You can use ADS to do this. Define the control state and use test lab.
You can do it using simple S-para simulator.
Can you explain more how to set control state and how to use test lab or give me some link how to do it. I will greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back