Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate a subharmonic mixer in ADS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Subharmonic Mixer

Thanks a lot! It is interesting and the accuracy of the geometry must be much higher that for LTCC. For SIP it may be a good choice.

RF-OM

yes LTCC is definitely process Dependant but it can not be compared with PCB as it gives you 3rd dimension too. It is modified version of thick film. The process is much cheaper than thin film and much faster.

The application of LTCC is not limited to circuits it has huge application in microfludics, WSN, MEMS packaging.

khouly what do you mean by design kit.

I have some good introduction literature and will share shortly.

here are two intro files on LTCC it covers the process and few applications

Dear mfarhan1,

Unfortunately I exceed my download limit and cannot donwload your files. Could you please send them to me trough pm? Thank you in advance for your help.

Subharmonic Mixer

very good Mfarhan1

i meant by design kit is the library provided by the foundry , which contain the models of some components ready to use

khouly

Subharmonic Mixer

@Khould
you are right it surely helps but i dont have any design kit as long as you can spare some time in momentum you can help your self with basic components,
There is no fixed topology of any component with LTCC, Like coupler can be made with single layer or with up till 4 layers it totally depends on your packaging requirements so there is no drawback not having library.

Subharmonic Mixer

maybe. but it will helpt get a library
even some friends of mine they generate there own library by the Advanced model composer in momentum to generate parametrized models

khouly

please check the document i have attached
it is a very simple system models in ADS i have created from the frequency multiplier and mixer a subharmonic mixer

wish this helps u

khouly

will this schematic work for high frequency ? ie., for ka band ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back