[SOLVED] How to simulate a SRAM from MC2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordon

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am trying to simulate a SRAM's function, which comes from MC2 software.
My original aim is to wrapper the SRAM to what I want, a sram with 1rw1r and related parameters are 32_256_8.
I mean, I want a commercial SRAM from MC2 to replace the open_sram(Open_SRAM_sky130).
So, I generate a dual port SRAM, and the final name is "xxxxxxxxx256x32m4mwa_130a_ssg0p9v125c.v".

The first problem comes, which file should me to do the test?
I mean there are DFT Verilog files(xxxxxxxx256x32m4mwa_130a_tmax.v) and normal Verilog files. And the files in DFT folder have a definition :
`define write_write forbidden,
consequently, I am not sure whether it is not appropriate for function simulation, I want to test the write and read function.

And, the second question comes followed: Why the SRAM doesn't work? I want to know how to debug, is there some specified means or options could help me find the where is the key?

I know it is not a problem which would fix easily, so I will provide more details as I can.
The SRAM only has the basic function with the command "./XXXX.pl -NonBIST -NonSLP -NonSD", so it has less interfaces, here is the list:
WTSEL, RTSEL, VG, VS,
AA, DA, BWEBA, WEBA, CEBA, CLKA,
BA, DB, BWEBB, WEBB, CEBB, CLKB,
AWT, QA, QB
And all the pins are attached some wires or value, no pins are floating.
I have set the related pins like the description in the datebook as follows.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Attachments

• 1712154181562.png
    279.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Not sure what is going on, without seeing the model it is hard to say. Common mistakes I have observed in the past: testbenches that are too fast with impossible clock periods, use of wrong simulation models, wrong pinout, confusion between BIST mode and normal mode. Just a couple of ideas for what you could double check.

Jordon

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Many thanks, I find the issue comes from the wrong signal "WEBA",write enable bar on port A, which needs to be set high when port A read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…