Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to simulate a pattern between near and far field zone using GRASP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepino

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to simulate a pattern, but not exactly in the far field. I need the pattern somewere in between near and far fied zone.

Any ideas?

ticra grasp

FEKO and also HFSS are capable of providing this type of output.

hfss vs grasp

Yes, but will be hard to simulate 15 meter antenna in HFSS :)

grasp

That may be true, but you did not provide size information in your question. I note that it also depends on the frequency and you have not provided that either. A low enough frequency and HFSS will work. FEKO can deal with electrically larger problems.

edaboard grasp

Azulykit

parabolic dishes are always large relatively to the wavelenght (10-15 m vs 2-3 cm), so the size of the model will be giant. Thats the reason for using GRASP instead of HFSS.

grasp software antenna ticra

The software packages I mentioned are both able to provide near field information. Both may have large memory requirements and may not work well in your application. Your ability to use either software package depends on your problem and the computer hardware you have available. Problem size is primarily driven by antenna size, frequency and desired fidelity.

You asked for alternate ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back