Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to setup the design kit in IC5033 Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo79

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
layout setup in IC5033

Hi,

anyone knows how to setup the design kit in IC5033 linux?

I copy the project into the IC5033 linux, and opened the layout, but no colors. although i have all those basic libraries. How should i setup this thing including, colors, drc, etc.?

Please help. :)

neo

layout setup in IC5033

set the display.dry in your layout,or in the .cdsenv

Re: layout setup in IC5033

tuza2000,

thanks a lot. i will try that tomorrow.

neo

Added after 18 minutes:

tuza2000,

could you show me one example command how to set the display.drf, i am just a designer and dummy to linux command. no idea how to set it.

Thanks a lot.
neo

layout setup in IC5033

in your .cdsenv
graphic drfPath string "/library/display.drf"

The "display.drf" file is frequently located in the techlib of the DK. You can load it manualy with the menu in the layers window or put it in the directory you launch Cadence.

Hi,

I got it. i have put the display.drf file inside my home folder. and it can be loaded now.

There is one more problem. those layouts are done using pcell, therefore i still can not read layout files. i saw a folder called pcell, and inside are some .il and .ile files. how should i set up these things in order to read layout?

Thanks.
neo

layout setup in IC5033

yes, add the lib add the lib to the .cdsinit

Status
Not open for further replies.