Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to set up internal lumped port and define the real current return path

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adobeddd

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In RF design, I usually use a complete ground plane in HFSS when simulate an inductor (ind) or transformer (xmfr) ,like Fig1. However, when I want to EM the block circuit passive part , ind/xfmr are often connected to active circuits or lumped RC, it is difficult to define a lumped part reference GND in driven modal solution type, especially for internal port, like Fig2.
I often used PEC and bottom metal to expanded ground plane because lumped port needed to define an exact return pass and a reference GND. I also used lumped RLC boundary to connect passive sometimes. However, it is a little different from the real situation.

My question is how to set up internal lumped port and make the return path more realistic.
3550bbf30140555102fcd4a0aa80e09.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back