Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to set the channel width of NMOS in ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

oliver_zhang

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
number of fingers ads nmos

Hi,
Has anyone ever used TSMC 0.18 design kit? I met a problem now. I don't know how to set the width of channel for NMOS device. The default value of wr=2.5 um and can not be changed. Is the channel width ralated to nr(number of fingers)? If so, what is the relationship between channel width and number of fingers? Thanks a lot.

channel width with nmos

if this is the RF transisrtor , it cinsistis of multiple channels in parallel , so if u want to change chare the N factor , as the multiplies of the 2.5 um

khouly

Thanks Khouly. One more question:). I computed the channel width as 2.5*nr. However, in my Gillbert mixer DC simulation experiment, I found the bias current of simulation result was half of calculation. It is quite strange. Have you ever met such problem? Thanks.

no i didn't face such problem , but take care if ur using the minimum length transistor in ur circuit this transistor current will be different coz the channel length modulation u neglected in ur calculations

and if u want just upload ur project , and i will try to check it

khouly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back