how to set even- and odd-mode excitations in HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

godsound

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sparameter even odd mode

Hi all,

I have been recently trying to simulate a pair of coupled striplines in HFSS. I tried but failed to obtain the coupled lines' characteristic impedance and relative dielectric constant for even-mode (Zoe, Epsilon-re)and odd-mode (Zoo, Epsilon-ro) excitations.

I set two wave ports on two ends of the coupled lines. In each port, I set two terminal lines so that I could use the terminal lines' directions to represent the even-mode and odd-mode. But in this way, even though there were still two wave ports, the S-parameter I obtained was a 4-port one but not my wanted 2-port one. Besides, from E-field distribution, I found the above way couldn't seperate the even- and odd-mode. The E-field distribution for same terminals' directions is almost same as that for opposite terminals' directions.

Does anyone know how to use HFSS to simulate the coupled striplines or make even- and odd-mode excitations? would you please give me some advice and tips? I greatly appreciate your precious assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…