Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to set a voice modem to detect "NO ANSWER"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

islouis

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Sir:

I have tried many method with AT command to set a voice modem to detect a real "NO Answer" if the target phone didnt pick up. such as:

ATS7=20;
ATD 1234567;

However, no matter if i pick up the call in the target phone or not, the modem always return "NO ANSWER" So my question is, is there any possible way to set the modem if remote phone has pick up the call, the modem will not return NO ANSWER? and return "NO ANSWER" if didnt pick up?

Thanks for any advice!!!

Re: How to set a voice modem to detect "NO ANSWER"

Hi,
I think your modem is connected through srerial port, then there is several pins in com port for several functions.Eg -

DTR= dataset ready( that pin send a signal for indicate data set is ready now)
RI = ring indicator ( when modem is ringing a signal is send though this pin)
CTS =Clear to send
RTS=Reday to send
(Sory I am not remember that all exactly right now)
So my adviceis follow the serial port configaration and you can find some fact regarding this.If you unable to find out let me know, I will find for you.

Regards,
I Suranja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back